(A Better Health for Refugees During COVID-19 Pandemic with SCORP CIMSA-KM FK Unand)

As every human being born into this world we have basic rights as individuals. However, among us who are lucky, there are still groups who are less fortunate in obtaining their rights as individuals, one of them is the refugees. The existence of a prolonged COVID-19 pandemic has made refugees more vulnerable in various aspects, especially their right to access health. This is because there is no special regulation that regulates the rights of refugees in Indonesia.

Based on data from UNHCR Indonesia as of July 2021, there are 13.356 total refugees registered in Indonesia. 27% of the total number of people registered with UNHCR Indonesia are children while the other 73% are adults. Even today, 1 in every 95 people on earth has left their homes as a result of conflict or persecution.
Based on the above problems and a large number of refugees in Indonesia, SCORP CIMSA-BEM KM FK Unand raised an activity, namely BRANCH (A Better Health for Refugees During COVID-19 Pandemic with SCORP CIMSA-KM FK Unand) as well as a celebration of the International Day of Peace 2021. This activity was held with the topic "Right to Health of Refugees in the Time of the COVID-19 Pandemic".

BRANCH has several series of events, namely training, Live Instagram, and Air Campaign. Training for members of SCORP CIMSA-BEM KM FK Unand was held on September 4, 2021, and was divided into 2 topics. The first training was given by Komnas HAM Sumatera Barat with the title "Is Refugee Health Guaranteed During the COVID-19 Pandemic?" while the second training was given by the Human Rights Trainer with the title "The Rights to Health for Refugee". It is hoped that through this training members will have a better understanding of the rights to health of refugees and their conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The next series, Live Instagram, will be held on September 5, 2021, through the CIMSA-BEM KM FK Unand Instagram account. Live Instagram is a sharing session with representatives of Church World Service, which is one of UNHCR's partners. Through this Live Instagram, the resource person explained how the difficulties of refugees during this pandemic were real, especially in the health sector. It is hoped that by holding this Live Instagram, people are more aware of refugees and help fulfill their rights, especially the right to health. BRANCH was closed by holding an Air Campaign in the form of games on Instagram Story in the form of Crossword Puzzles which were distributed on September 22, 2021.


Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password.

Error message here!

Back to log-in