Here's another opportunity for you!
What is COP?
Every year, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) hosts its annual conference, known as the Conference of Parties (COP). This conference brings tens of thousands of key stakeholders together from member states, Civil Society Groups and Inter Governmental Agencies from all over the world to talk about international collaboration on Climate Change. It will be an event that will be influencing global and national policy on adaptation and mitigation efforts. For more information about COP, click here.
This year's COP24 will take place in Katowice, Poland, on 3-14 December 2018.
What are the objectives of your participation in this event?
- Promote health within the COP discussions and negotiations
- Advocate for parties to include health within their NCDs and Health Sector Adaptation within Youth Groups and Health Organizations
- IFMSA to be recognized as leader in Environmental Health within Youth Groups and Health Organizations
- Address the role of Health and Healthcare Workers in the Climate Change Negotiations with other stakeholders
- Promote the IFMSA 2020 Vision of Climate-Health in Medical Curricula
The applicants will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria:
- Motivation to contribute to IFMSA efforts toward Environment, Climate Change & Health
- Interest, and understanding of Global Health and Climate Change issues.
- Experience in Advocacy.
- Potential empowerment, expected outcomes and follow up plans after the meeting
- Regional representation and Gender balance will also be taken into account
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING
You may need to fill the application form and candidature form that you could access via the contact person below:
Sherly (Liaison Officer to United Nations Agencies CIMSA 2018-2019)
LINE: sharealey / email: email@example.com
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 7 October 2018, 23.59 GMT+7.
So, what are you waiting for? Do not hesitate and register yourself for this opportunity!