Call for Pre-World Health Assembly Workshop Organizing Committee 2020
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: May 13th - 22nd 2020
Deadline: October 29th 2019, 23:59 GMT
What is the PreWHA?
- It is an international capacity building activity organized by IFMSA that consists of a 4-day workshop and takes place in Geneva, Switzerland, before the World Health Assembly.
- In 2020, the PreWHA on "New Voices in Global Health Leadership, Policy and Diplomacy" will commence between the 13th and 16th of May.
- The PreWHA has been organized annually ever since 2012's first edition. This year will mark the 8th edition of the event.
- IFMSA has been the official representative organization of medical students to the World Health Organization (WHO) since 1969, which has given our federation the unique opportunity to send an annual delegation of young people to every World Health Assembly.
- The WHA is the highest decision-making body of the WHO, which takes place immediately after the PreWHA workshop (around 17th-21st of May 2020).
The Organizing Committee
Below stated are the list of OC positions needed:
- 1 Chair of the OC
- 1 Secretary of the OC
- 1 Finances Coordinator
- 1 Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator
- 3 Academic Coordinators:
- 1 x Academic Coordinator for Meaningful Youth Participation
- 1 x Academic Coordinator for Universal Health Coverage
- 1 x Academic Coordinator for Global Health Education
All applicants will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria:
- Relevant Experience in Global Health, Events Organization and Skillset
- Previous Experience in PreWHA - as previous PreWHA OC or delegate
- Time availability from now until May 2020, during the PreWHA and WHA as well as for follow up in June of 2020
- Overall impression of the candidature
- Interview Score
Do not hesitate to ask the Contact Person for more information.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Register yourself for the opportunity!
Liaison Officer to United Nations Agencies CIMSA 2019-2020
Empowering Medical Students
Improving Nation’s Health