Hello, medical students of Indonesia!
It is with our greatest pleasure to announce that IFMSA are calling for interns at the World Medical Association for the May–July 2023 period and is open to all medical students of Indonesia! This internship will be held offline at the WMA Office itself!
The World Medical Association (WMA) is an international organization representing millions of physicians worldwide. It was founded in 1947, and endeavours to achieve the highest international standards in medical education, medical science, medical ethics, and health care for all people in the world. The WMA office is located in Ferney-Voltaire, France. Please check out the website for more information at http://www.wma.net. IFMSA has a long-standing partnership with WMA, including an internship program.
Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with the WMA Secretariat in its Ferney office on select core projects to work on during their internship - these range from advocacy areas of WMA to specific focus areas of work. The working hours are 7 hours/day (9h00 to 17h30 in CET with a 1,5h lunch break from noon to 12h30), to be confirmed once the intern is assigned. The possible areas of involvement of the intern are:
- Representing WMA at various online webinars and meetings;
- Assist in the drafting of policy documents;
- Updating the website (media mentions, etc.) and ideas on the improvement of WMA communication channels;
- Assist WMA social media activities
Other activities may be presented by the WMA which related to their specific needs and areas of work. Please read the internship catalogue for detailed information.
The internship is for a total of 10 weeks in the period between May and July 2023. Concerning Visa-Support, IFMSA can provide assistance by writing a support letter for the internship period. The IFMSA will not provide accommodation, but interns will receive financial support of at least 1350 Euros per month. However, we encourage all applicants also to seek other funding opportunities, as the cost of living is expensive in the Ferney/Geneva area. Please note that the amount will be paid after the completion of the internship and when a report is submitted.
How to Apply?
To apply, please read the internship catalogue (here) to understand more about the roles and responsibilities of the intern. Then:
- Fill out the candidature form and communicate with your NMO President/Representative to sign and stamp it.
- Download and fill in the application form.
- Submit the filled and signed candidature and application forms through the following form: here. The deadline to submit the document is the 31st of March, 06:59 GMT+7.
To make sure your application is valid, please note:
- The CV has to be provided in the application form and not attached separately;
- To be mindful of the page and sentence limits indicated in the forms;
- The intended 10 weeks of the internship have to be indicated in the application and must be within the period between the 1st of May to the 30th of July 2023.
Based on the applications received, the IFMSA will make recommendations to the WMA, which will make the final ruling on the accepted applicant. Please remember to read the disclaimer due to GDPR regulations - the data you provide in the application will be shared with WMA to enable them to select the interns based on their needs and requirements.
For further inquiries, feel free to contact:
Anisya Gabrieli Putri Dianty
Liaison Officer to United Nations’ Agencies CIMSA 2022/2023
Empowering Medical Students
Improving Nation’s Health