Dear medical students of Indonesia, we gladly inform you that the registration to be a part of IFMSA delegation for the upcoming WHO EB Meeting is open!
The meeting will be held in Geneva (Switzerland) on 24 January - 1 February 2019.
What is the 144th WHO EB Meeting?
The Executive Board of the WHO is composed of 34 technically qualified members elected for three-year terms. Attended by delegations from 194 Member States and some recognized international NGOs and other partners, the EB Meeting is the crucial moment where Member States define priorities for the next World Health Assembly (WHA - held in May), and its agenda is agreed upon.This meeting is held at the WHO Headquarters in Geneva, and is a great opportunity for the IFMSA to meet with important stakeholders in the WHO and also other organisations who usually attend. A provisional agenda for the meeting can be found here, which outlines the topics that will be discussed.
What are the objectives?
1. Deliver statements outline the IFMSA position on a number of global health topics to the Executive Board and other member states and non-state actors.
2. Meet with key WHO partners.
3. Follow the agenda in preparation for the 72nd World Health Assembly, to maximise our advocacy efforts and develop an appropriate PreWHA programme.
1. Experience in the topic of the meeting - please note that as this is a broad meeting that covers many global health topics, it is expected that applicants will have read the provisional agenda for the meeting and can identify particular topics they are interested in
• Understanding IFMSA policy work and past external meetings attended
• Potential empowerment, expected outcomes and follow up plans after the meeting, including in sharing knowledge with IFMSA delegates to the World Health Assembly
• Regional representation and gender balance will also be taken into account
You may need to fill in the application form and candidature form, and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 November 2018, 23.59 WIB.
So, what are you waiting for? Do not hesitate to ask the Contact Person below for more information:
Liaison Officer to United Nations Agencies
Empowering Medical Students
Improving Nation’s Health