Hello, medical students of Indonesia!
We are opening the application to be a part of IFMSA delegation for the upcoming ECOSOC Youth Forum 2019 which will take place in New York, USA, on 6-9 April 2019.
What is the the ECOSOC Youth Forum?
The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum that takes place on 8-9 April 2019 will provide a platform for young leaders from around the world to engage in a dialogue among themselves and with United Nations Member States and to share ideas for advancing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Addis Ababa Action Agenda, and the Paris Climate Agreement.
The Forum will serve as a unique space for young people to share their vision and elaborate their substantive contributions to United Nations upcoming meetings, including the 2019 ECOSOC Substantive Session, the 2019 high-level political forum on sustainable development (HLPF) and the high-level events taking place on the margins of the opening of the opening of the General Assembly, including the Climate Summit, the High-level Meeting on Financing for Development and the SDG Summit.
The coordination meeting of ICMYO will take place on 6th of April and the attendance of IFMSA delegates at this meeting is voluntary.
For more information about the meeting: https://www.un.org/ecosoc/en/node/13774560
Objectives of IFMSA participation?
1. IFMSA taking the lead in health iniatives and discussions happening during the forum.
2. IFMSA remains an active focal point and cultive NGO for the ECOSOC, taking role in high level advocacy activities.
3. To meet with ICMYO taskforce and collaborate together in the forum.
4. To represent the work of IFMSA in the Global Priorities, especially the Meaningful Youth Participation and the Universal Health Coverage.
The following criteria will be taken into account while evaluating your application:
• Understanding IFMSA policy work and past external meetings attended;
• Potential empowerment, expected outcomes and follow up plans after the meeting;
• Regional representation and Gender balance will also be taken into account.
However, we also encourage emerging members who are committed to learn, gain new skills, and participate in IFMSA's activities even beyond the conference.
Application Form (online) and Candidature Form.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Register yourself for the opportunity by submitting your application to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 25 January 2019, 23.59 GMT+7.
For more information, please contact:
Liaison Officer to United Nations Agencies CIMSA