What is Scientific Poster Fair?
IFMSA is holding Scientific Poster Fair in IFMSA General Assembly, which would be held in March Meeting in Rwanda. It gives students worldwide the opportunity to showcase their research and motivate other medical students to do something similar in their home countries. It will be held during Activities Fair Session on Day 4.
What are the requirements for the Abstract for Scientific Poster Fair?
- The content of the Abstract and Poster must be the submitter's original work and is based on scientific work done by medical or healthcare students.
- Maximum 250 words
- Structure: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions
- Submit via the Application Form
- in proper grammar and spelling in English
What do you need to prepare?
If selected, delegations will have to prepare, print and bring the poster yourself as well as be available to present it in person during the whole duration of the Scientific Poster Fair. Only the original (co)author is allowed to present and we will not allow others to present the Poster in your stead.
- Following Application form has to be filled HERE
- The abstract has to closely follow the instructions described HERE.
- The applicant needs to upload a signed Waiver of Liability in the Application Form.
- If selected you must be able to bring and present the Poster at the March Meeting 2020.
How will the abstracts be judged?
Ten abstracts will be selected by a panel of judges and will get the chance to present their research in the form of a Poster at the Scientific Poster Fair at the MM20. The selection will be based on the impact and quality of the given research, appropriate methodology, adherence to the submission criteria and relevance to the work, vision, and mission of IFMSA.
What are you waiting for?
Feel free to contact the person in charge if you have any questions!
Link to the application form: HERE,
Link to the Waiver of Liability: HERE
The deadline to complete the form is 7th February 2020, 23:59 GMT+7.
Kevin Alvaro Handoko
National Officer on Research Exchange CIMSA Indonesia 2019-2020
Empowering Medical Students
Improving Nation’s Health